Eight persons, including a six-year-old girl, died and scores of others were admitted to the government hospital at Gopalapatnam and the King George Hospital, following the leakage of poisonous gas from the Hindustan Polymers plant at RR Venkatapuram, Gopalapatnam, Visakhapatnam, on Thursday.
A toll free number 1800 4250 0009 is available for any assistance with regard to this.
The gas leak occurred at the LG Polymers Plant between 2.30 a.m. and 3 a.m. and reportedly spread over a radius of about three km, affecting at least five villages, including R.R. Venkatapuram, Padmapuram, B.C. Colony and Kamparapalem.