The KBN Times Urdu Daily


Snakebite victim fails to get ventilator support

KALABURAGI,: A 11-year-old-girl died of snakebite at Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS) here on Friday night. Parents alleged that their daughter breathed her last in the absence of ventilator in the hospital.

The deceased has been identified as Ayesha, a resident of Bahar Pet in Chittapur. As a snake bit her forearm on Friday morning, the parents admitted her at taluk hospital.

The girl was as energetic as speaking even after two hours after treatment. Later, her health condition started deteriorating. The doctors advised to take her to the GIMS for further treatment. The condition
of Ayesha deteriorated further by the time she was brought to the GIMS, Kalaburagi.

A source said, the girl who was battling her life was supposed to be given ventilator support. As the ventilators are being used to Covid-19 infected, she could not avail the facility in time. 

“I wandered here and there for two hours with Ayesha on my shoulder but treatment was not available. We finally decided to take her to Sangameshwara Hospital but she breathed her last on way to the hospital,” claimed Ayesha’s father.

The GIMS authorities were available to comment on it.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *